Week 2 - First Evaluation of Carousel

1. Evidence of me taking part: (Pictures, Diary entries, Printouts ETC) U1.1.2
Part 1:
Part 2: Images were lost of mono printing, therefore I have used someone else's:




2. Write up your experience of the following...
     


2a Discuss any research that you carried out in these sessions: U2.1.1,

I observed previous work then tried it out for myself.

Now list Primary and Secondary sources U2.2.1

Primary: I used all medias available to test what I preferred such as pencil, pen, biro, ink and water plus more and decided       what I preferred.

Secondary: I observed others work and decided what I wanted to do from what I liked the look of.


2b Discuss any skills that you have tried: U2.1.1

-Sketching -Shading -Distorting -Print making -Cleaning

2c Discuss any processes and methods you used (Photography wet process, Screen Printing, Photoshop layering etc): U1.1.1

What is your understanding of these?:

Processes:

Get a transparent plastic panel, Put a pea size drop of oil paint onto the panel, Roll the drop of paint with your roller into a a4 rectangle of paint thinned out, Place your sheet on paper on top then secure an image on top of that, Draw over/Trace the image  the image to your liking and take the paper away to reveal the print (Mono printing) .

Methods:

- I personally used a slightly blunt pencil to make thicker lines appear on the print. I also used cross hatching when tracing over the image to add shading to the print instead of it simply being an outline of the image being traced. 


2d Discuss the tools that you used (Paint, Material, Software, etc): U2 3.1

1 - Pencils, Biro, Pen, Ink and Water
2 - Transparent panel, Oil paint, Roller, Paper and an image.

Evaluate your use of them 

- The pencil drawings are common and well known to me from previously doing art however I became uninterested quickly as I have lost my skills in pencil drawings and prefer other medias. 

- The Biro and felt tip pen drawings were the most enjoyable personally as I created interesting 'sketchy' images that appeal to me because of the look and style.

- Using a brush and water to distort the image creatively was interesting to me because of its outcome.

How effective were you with this tool?

I personally was not the best with the pencil drawing because I became bored quickly.
How could you improve your use of the tool? 
Practise and drawing something different more appealing to me with possible various pencils too.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camera room homework

Week 5 - Fourth Evaluation of Carousel

Task 3